Action 21’s Re-Use shops accept and sell donated goods to reduce the number of useful items going to landfill and to raise money for sustainability projects in the local community. Last year we diverted over 100 tonnes of reusable goods from landfill!
We sell some higher value items online as the larger customer base available through the internet means we can increase the turnover of goods we sell.
· Assisting with the smooth running of the project from the moment an item arrives until the time it leaves
· Researching the value of items on the internet
· Posting items for sale on internet shopping sites, including writing creative descriptions
· Responding to customer queries
· Recording and posting out items and receiving payments
Skills/previous experience sought
· A basic level of computer literacy is required, although you do not need prior knowledge of selling items online as full training and support will be provided.
· We ask individuals to be enthusiastic about the role and willing to learn to work using their initiative.
Benefits of volunteering:
· Expenses: We believe that volunteers should not be out of pocket for donating their time and effort and so we pay back all volunteers’ reasonable travel expenses & there’s tea, coffee & biscuits on tap.
· On the job training and support is provided, including review sessions to check you’re enjoying your volunteering placement and that your needs are being met.
· You’ll be part of the wider network of Action 21 volunteers, receiving regular updates and information on our projects and invites to our well attended volunteer socials.
· Excellent work experience, especially for people pursuing any career which needs administrative and organisational skills.